Meet OBGYN Dr. Felicia Donald
Dr. Felicia Donald has been practicing for over 25 years. She attended Catholic University and received a B.A. in Chemistry. Then she obtained a M.S. in Physiology at Georgetown University. She obtained her Medical degree from Eastern Virginia Medical School in 1982. Her residency in OB/GYN was completed at East Carolina University in Greenville, N.C... She has delivered thousands of babies in Northern Virginia and her goal is to give the best prenatal care for her patients. She works closely with a midwife group form Manassas and will work with patients that desire low intervention in the birthing process. She also is a minimally invasive trained surgeon and has a designation as a COMEIG surgeon. at Fair Oaks Hospital. She has also been trained in the DaVinci Robot for complex surgical cases.
Dr. Donald’s Curriculum Vitae:
Accomplished Physician / Surgeon with specialized training in minimally invasive surgery, and certified as a COMEIG surgeon at Fair Oaks Hospital. Expertise in treatment of diseases of the uterus, fibroid removal and minimally invasive hysterectomy including robotic hysterectomy.
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Diseases of the Uterus
- Patient Care
- Communication Skills
- Care Planning
- COMEIG Trained Surgeon in Minimally Invasive GYN Surgery
- Fibroid Removal
- Regulatory Compliance
- Ethical Values
Professional ExperienceSeptember 1999 to October 2013 - For Women OBGYN Associates Fairfax, VA / Director
- Oversaw all functions of own medical practice, providing prenatal care to pregnant women, delivering babies and providing postnatal care to mothers and infants.
- Examined patients' medical history, medication allergies, physical condition and test results to verify necessity of operations and to determine proper procedures.
- Thoroughly assessed patients to determine medical condition and level of surgical risk.
- Expertly managed all surgery services, including planning, scheduling and coordination, determination of procedures and procurement of supplies and equipment.
- Performed approximately four to five major cases per month for last 13 years, completing over 700 cases, including vaginal, laparoscopic robotic hysterectomies, and bladder suspensions with TVT.
- Provided prenatal care to pregnant women, delivered babies and provided postnatal care to mothers and infants.
- Examined patients' medical history, medication allergies, physical condition and test results to verify necessity of operations and determine proper procedures.
- Strictly adhered to established surgical techniques and procedures during operations.
- Comprehensively assessed patients to determine medical condition and level of surgical risk.
- Managed all surgery services, including planning, scheduling and coordination, determination of procedures and procurement of supplies and equipment.
- Performed approximately three major cases per month, including abdominal and vaginal hysterectomies.
- Drug Enforcement Administration License Board
- Board Certified in American Board of OB/GYN
- State License in Virginia
Education and Training
- East Carolina University Greenville, NC - Residency OB/GYN
- University of Arizona Tucson, AZ - Residency OB/GYN
- University of Maryland Baltimore, MD - Residency OB/GYN
- Eastern Virginia Medical School Norfolk, VA - M.D. Medicine
- Georgetown University Washington , DC - Master of Science Physiology
- Catholic University Washingotn, DC - Bachelor of Arts Chemistry
- Volunteer at Loudoun County Health Department, 2010-2011
- Partners for Surgery 2009 to Guatamala
- Teaching PA Students Clinical OBGYN, 2012 / 2013